Other Ways to Get Involved
Create A Personal Fundraising Page
It's easy to create a personal fundraising page to raise money for critically-needed biomedical research that finds answers to some of the most complex and pressing health problems confronting the world today. You can use your fundraising page to honor or remember someone special; to mark a birthday, wedding, bar/bat mitzvah or other special occasion; or fundraise for a race, tournament or party. Read more
Shop and Give at the same time! When you purchase items through Amazon.com, Amazon Smile will contribute a 0.5 percent of the purchase to the FNIH at no additional cost to you. All items for purchase on Amazon are eligible for Amazon Smile. Read more
Are you an American Express customer? You can donate your points through MembersGive! Read more
Using your Paypal account to make a gift to the FNIH is easy! Click here to visit our donate page and use the drop-down menu to select Paypal as your payment type.
eBay – Giving Works
Do you hold auctions on eBay? Choose to donate from 10 to 100 percent of the proceeds of your auction to the FNIH through the eBay Giving Works program! Read more
Use GoodSearch.org (powered by Yahoo) as your browser, and for each and every search the FNIH receives a donation! Read more
Make your secure donation through JustGive.org. Read more
In-Kind and Volunteer Opportunities
Looking to donate an item or volunteer? See how! Read more
How does it work?
For every item you buy on Amazon, Amazon Smile will donate 0.5 percent to the FNIH. All items for purchase on Amazon are eligible for Amazon Smile.
How do I name the FNIH as my preferred charity?
- Go to smile.amazon.com
- At the top of the page, click "Choose Charity."
- In the "Pick your own" box, type FNIH and then click search.
- Click on Select and the FNIH will be set as your chosen charity for all purchases on Amazon Smile.
- If you have more than one Amazon.com account, you need to set the preferences on each to the FNIH. Back to top
Please be aware that the 0.5 percent contribution made by AmazonSmile to the FNIH through your purchase is not deductible for income tax purposes.
Use your American Express Card to make a charitable gift, donate your points to the FNIH or earn points on your contribution! You can earn valuable rewards for each dollar you donate when you use an eligible, enrolled card. Visit MembersGive and search for the FNIH in the search bar.
Donations are tax-deductible, and you will receive an e-mail receipt for your records. You can tailor your giving by:
- Choosing multiple ways to donate
- Setting up recurring donations
- Spreading your donation out over the year
Do you hold auctions on eBay? Choose to donate from 10 to 100 percent of the proceeds of your auction items to the FNIH through the eBay Giving Works program.
- List the item on eBay.
- Select the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health as your designated charity.
- Choose the percentage of proceeds you want to donate (10-100%).
- Once the item sells, you will receive a fee credit for every eBay Giving Works donation and a tax receipt.
- Search for the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health on www.ebaygivingworks.com. If anyone is hosting an auction to benefit the FNIH, then the item will display.
- Choose an item to purchase.
- The Seller will donate a percentage of the sales price to the FNIH!
There are several opportunities to volunteer or make in-kind donations to the Edmond J. Safra Family Lodge on the NIH campus. These may include preparing and serving meals, contributing to the breakfast program or donating toys, books or other items. For more information, please contact Yasmin Rheubottom Mörch at the Family Lodge at: (301) 496-6500.
The Family Lodge is located within yards of the NIH Clinical Center. It is a peaceful respite for caregivers and patients in clinical trials who stay free-of-charge and are relieved of worry about expenses and logistics. Since 2005, the Family Lodge has provided more than 130,000 room nights to patients and families from all 50 states and around the world.
Make tax-deductible, secure credit card donations to the FNIH by visiting Justgive.org. Just choose the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health as your charity of choice.
JustGive will forward your gift to the FNIH, email you a tax-receipt and keep a record of your donation in your password-protected Giving History. You can:
- Give as little as $10
- Make multiple donations in a single transaction
- Remain anonymous or share your name with the FNIH
- Dedicate the gift in someone's name and notify them via a personalized email or note card
- Designate the gift for a specific program