The goal of ACTIV is to develop a research strategy for prioritizing and speeding development of the most promising COVID-19 vaccines and treatments.
The Preclinical Working Group is focused on:
- Establishing a centralized process and repository for harmonizing and sharing methods and evaluating animal models
- Extending access to high-throughput screening facilities, especially in biosafety level 3 (BSL-3) labs
- Increasing access to validated animal models
- Enhancing comparison of approaches to identify informative assays
- Generating a process to assess viral variant effects on vaccines and therapeutics