The Dr. Anita Roberts Memorial Fund awards travel scholarships for graduate students and post-doctoral fellows to present their work at a national meeting in honor of Dr. Anita Roberts—who was one of the first women laboratory chiefs at NIH and ranked in the top 50 most-cited biological scientists in the world. The Fund was established by the family and lab colleagues of Dr. Roberts. Widely recognized as an outstanding mentor for young scientists, Dr. Roberts had a passion for encouraging the career development of young scientists. These scholarships are a fitting tribute to Dr. Roberts’ commitment to mentoring.
- Support graduate students and post-doctoral fellows with travel assistance to present their work at a national meeting.
- National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- Robert Roberts, Ph.D.
- For more information, please contact Advancement Officer Laren Friedman at [email protected] or 301-451-8855.
Results & Accomplishments
- Washington Post (May 27, 2006): Noted CancerResearcher Anita B. Roberts
- NIH Catalyst: The Shining Legacy of Anita Roberts
- Celebrating NIH’s History-Making Women
To donate, please contact [email protected] or visit the FNIH donation page.